This page features forthcoming events organised by the Anachronism and Antiquity team, as well as talks and presentations on anachronism-related topics by members of the project at other conferences and workshops.
Ancient Greek Poetry & Poetics: Interactions Between Theory & Practice, University College London, September 21-22.
- Tom Phillips ‘Apollonius’ Argonautica and the Travels of Lyric’, September 21.
Past events and talks
New Approaches to Plato in Context, Celtic Classics Conference, Montreal, July 19-22 2017.
- Carol Atack ‘Plato’s Critique of Political Thought in Laws III’, 20 July.
Ashmolean Reading Images Seminar, Oxford, Trinity Term 2017
Wednesdays 1pm, weeks 2-4-6-8, New Douce Room, Department of Western Art, Ashmolean Museum, Oxford.
- 3 May: Carol Atack, ‘Re-reading the Marmor Parium‘.
Thucydides 6 seminar, Oxford, Trinity Term 2017
Mondays 5pm (Apr 24-Jun 12), Seminar Room, Ioannou Centre for Classical and Byzantine Studies, University of Oxford, including:
- 24 April: John Marincola, Thucydides 6.1-5.
- 15 May: Carol Atack: problems of speech and knowledge in the debate at Syracuse (6.32.3-40)
- 5 June: Tim Rood: the ancient reception of Thucydides’ account of the Sicilian Expedition